View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydarnis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is it that Group Heals / Prayers of Life draw so much aggro then? Is it because if a tank uses Prayers they are usually already on the hate list?

If a cleric hit a Dragon in ToV with a melee swing then CHed the tank for the rest of the fight would the cleric get a faction hit then? I could have sworn that even if you are a cleric and use a group CH and have not done anything to put yourself on a mobs hate list it will still draw massive aggro to the cleric.

Just curious on these things because obviously Group Heals are a heal and seem to function differently.
Because it's more dice rolls.

Group heals generate lots of aggro because *typically* when you use them, you have a group of 6 players and they are all on the hate list. So each individual Heal landing on the players has a dice rolled. Based on a 50/50 split, 3 of those heals would generate aggro and 3 would not. So Prayers of Life are equivalent to about 1500 worth of healing each click based on this average spread.

If a cleric swings in Melee he is on the hate list and gets a faction hit period. Group CH is an interesting thing to bring up. CH has some interesting properties when it comes to this mechanic. Specifically it fails the witness check more and the aggro it generates isn't equal to how much others regular heals generate. I would imagine Group CH is the same in both of these regards but who knows! Could use some testing on this I suppose.