View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-B [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So my question is, what rules are there in place for stuff like this? There was nobody else in line, so I'm just going to wait for him to get AC then take spawn.

I don't want to bother a GM about this because they have better things to do, so I thought i'd just post this here to get some conversation going.
Your first problem here is you are assuming there are "rules" concerning "lists" at a camp, and the only rules for lists are the ones made by the players.

I am pretty sure if you create a petition asking a GM about rules to a list, they are going to either ignore the petition or tell you that there are no such rules to lists that players make, only the server rules of engagement and of camps which have nothing to do with player made lists.

Assuming you want to follow the rules of an imaginary "list" that people create, then sure, if the list holder doesn't want you on it that is his right to forget you ever asked to be on the list in line for the camp.

This system is BS and creates a huge bottleneck of players who afk, play on alts, and do everything but actually wait for the camp they want.

If people had to physically have their toon waiting for a camp, the "lists" of people at said camp would be much smaller.

The way it is now, half the time you ask who is on the list it's 4-8 people. Yet, you only see one guy at the camp sitting...

You decide to try the next day, and oh! It's the same neckbeards on the list again... and the day after... and the day after...

These guys that farm AC religiously go afk, mess around on alts, go to the Walmart to grab more Doritos and Mountain Dew, come back and send tells to see if their turn has come up on the list. Some of these guys do it 24/7.

They literally have endless hours to spend waiting for their turn on the list, so they farm AC over and over, and over, AND OVER.... While you might just want your one pair of Jboots and not want to have to buy a MQ of the Jboots from one of these list mongers.

I see the reason behind a "list." But it also causes a lot of problems too. Especially when you got people that hold the "list" as some kind of Trump card, where they can remove you for personal reasons.

That's very bad, very bad. *spoken with puckered lips and waving little hands around in front of myself as I say the words*