Thread: Game Mechanics: Rogue hide
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 06:48 AM
Planar Protector

Sneak is probably fine, but there are some lingering allegations that the way rogue hide currently works isn't classic. For instance, some people swear that rogues should absolutely not be able to hide + sneak their way through the entirety of Old Sebilis - as it stands, literally every mob in the zone including Trakanon himself can't see you.

I'm not caught up on this thread, but as I understand it they made a big change to rogue hide mechanics awhile back, and gave certain NPCs a specific "See Rogue Hide" attribute. Before this, any mob with "See Invis" could see through rogue hide. Now, you can more or less count the different types of mobs that will see through rogue hide on one hand: Fire Giants, random Plane of Hate 1.0 mobs, VP dragons, ToV flurry drakes & bosses, and everything in Sleeper's Tomb.

TLDR; if anything is going to be changed, go do research. Find irrefutable proof for your case by sourcing your information back to Velious era live, and follow the bug report guidelines posted by Rogean and nilbog.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 07-02-2016 at 06:52 AM..