View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Throw money at your problem,. then lower your fps to 30. wtf this is terrible advice.
He's actually right about the FPS there, it does go unstable at higher settings at least with some video cards/firmware. That was what I found out after smacking into that black hole issue. Once I turned down the FPS (not as low as 30) the issues were resolved. Even WinEQ2 was unable to resolve the issue.

But as for SSD, true it is a huuuuge performance boost, though it could be possible this system is too old to take full advantage of it. I can't really give much of a recommendation without some idea of the hardware for this bad dog (unless I mised it posted..). If that were the case, then other improvements may be possible, and likely. It could even be a case of severe HD fragmentation, or spyware/viruses killing performance. Even outdated sound or video drivers clunking to the current operating system version.

If other games work properly, I'd suggest getting WinEQ 2 Lite edition (free), it solves a host of impossible issues.
Last edited by Daywolf; 06-01-2016 at 08:27 PM..