View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 03:01 PM
VIP / Contributor

have we considered the possibility the Valonqar (from maggie the frogs prophecy) is Arya?

i'm not saying im convinced, but lets think.

theres an argument going on at the asoiaf forums about the Valyrian language and whether or not its actually gender neutral. we know some words are, and we dont ever hear a term for "little sister", and so they are arguing that Valonqar would translate more appropriately to "little sibling".

Maggy says "Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear" the next line is Cersei asking if she and the king will have children, to which Maggy replies "Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you"

and so that made me wonder, what if the Valonqar was actually the Valonqar to the younger more beautiful queen. granted, for this to play out, either Sansa would have to become the Queen in the North, or, we'd have to accept a less than literal translation. but with that being said, Sansa has 3 younger siblings. one is crippled, one is too young (i dont see Cersei living long enough to die to Rickon), and the third one is Arya. the little girl that has had Cersei at the top of her "kill list" since Arya started reciting the names. and to top it off, shes learning the ways of the faceless assassins.

food for thought.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit