View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eqclient.ini edit with text editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are four resolutions you can change for EQ.

1 - Your OS's actual display resolution
2 - the eqclient.ini file mentioned above which modifies the login screen resolution
3 - The resolution setting accessed through the login screen (through Options) which sets the resolution of the loading screens
4 - in game resolution, either full or windowed. Fullscreen has a different set of resolution options than windowed.

Whatever you use for EQ, the longest side can't exceed what your OS's resolution is, as far as I can tell.

Here is what I have for all of these settings, running a virtual machine on a 13 inch retina mac:
1 - 1280 x 800 (for my virtual machine)
2 - "[VideoMode]
WindowedWidth=800
WindowedHeight=480
Width=1280
Height=768
WidthWindowed=1280
HeightWindowed=768"
3 - 1280x768
4 - Fullscreen: 1280x768, can also do similar size windowed.

I did have it windowed for a while but eventually resorted to putting it fullscreen on a second desktop. EQ runs at a different proportion than a mac monitor so stuff always ran off the edge for me.

If anyone running wineskin can get fullscreen to work, it would be nice to get the data on that to go with mine.

I'm using wine skin. When I open my p99 folders in the wrapper and right click eqclient.ini, and select Open With, it only gives me the option to open with Terminal. How do I open it with text edit? Sorry for being a noob lol

Asher