View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 10:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok now that I have my bard made can you guys help me with something else? I read somewhere else on this forum that a Bard can start kiting multiple mobs starting at level 2. I have tried this without much sucess. I only have two songs. Can someone explain to me how to do this exactly?
Helpful vids provided in literally the top thread in this subforum at the moment: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=181605

Essentially you just need to turn on Chords of Dissonance and then hold downthe forward and strafe buttons simultaneously. Use your mouse's right-click button to turn, and turn in a circle such that you'll hit the mobs with your PBAoE pulse, but they won't hit you.

This functions because players in EQ move slightly faster while running + strafing than they do with just running. So any mob of normal speed (i.e. not SoWed or something) will run slower than you while doing this.

I just started trying this and there's definitely a learning curve. Your margin for error is very small, but at low levels you can survive a few screw ups that would insta-kill you later. I just started P99 a few days ago with a Bard and I was able to get a 45+ mob kite going outside Kaladim at level 4, got me 23% XP in that 1 pull.