View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 08:01 AM
Kobold

I'm pretty sure this post was in response to this thread...

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...=185423&page=7

which some have interpreted as the OP for that thread perhaps coming across a bit entitled....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a thread to show new players that you can start from scratch perfectly fine, get levels, and earn your own keep along the way. Use this thread to share your experiences.
So this response is in agreement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Excellent post. People who think they need lvl 60 druid buffs and free handouts to play this game should ask themselves why they are REALLY returning to play classic Everquest.
I emphasizes the important part there... for context. This response wasn't about judgeing use of said donations, it was about the expectation that you had to have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh please, take your condescension elsewhere. As if your reason for playing p99 is somehow more righteous, more genuine than anothers?

....and I have to say that almost every time I make a character some bored high level finds me and throws me some plat, some gear and some buffs (I never twink beyond crafting myself Banded armor. .......I don't need it, I don't even really want it, but I don't ask for it and I get it anyway. People like giving a helping hand, it's one of the many facets of this game people enjoy (Don't believe me? go hang out near EC around level 10), so for you to sit here and act like anyone who gets any assistance from a higher level is shitting all over the eq experience.. Well sir, it just goes to show that you're an irredeemable moron.

That point aside, op is dead accurate. .......
Context... kinda important.

So you blasted someone who's in agreement with the OP... whom you are also in agreement with.

... /sigh

Agreements... the worst kind of arguments to have.

Krey