View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cearobinson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, my dumbest thing I ever did would have been on live (keep in mind, at this time I was like 13).

I had started a Wood Elf Ranger named Denniker. GFay was a popular zone on Mithaniel Marr. One thing I would see often in the zone chat was "Looking for SoW, will tip!" Or "Casting SoW at PoD Lift, tips appreciated!"

So, being the dumb child I was, I thought people were asking for "Sows" because their armor took damage. So, I went and bought a Sewing Kit. I then went to what I knew was called "Newbie Lift" and shouted out in zone, "Sowing at Newbie Lift! Donations appreciated!"

Naturally people flooded to me quickly, my first customer had already come up and hailed me! I had informed him that I was new and had never "Sowed" before and he was my first customer and asked if I was supposed to give him the "Sowing" Kit or was he supposed to give me his armor?...

He began to laugh at me. He then explained to people around me what I was doing... They began to laugh at me. It was that day that I learned SoW was an acronym for Spirit of the Wolf AND how to spell Sew.

I was pretty dumb.
That was your chance for the greatest RP character ever. "Denniker, the mentally challenged Ranger."
You could have rolled very far with that one.