View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 09:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't arguing for or against it. I was merely pointing out the irony of this post.

You do not speak for TMO. For someone who has been in the guild for years, you sure do try to distance yourself from everything the tag has come to represent. I'd say you're in the wrong guild, but hypocrisy suits the tag.
Certainly, I distance myself from certain things. It's worked to an extent; there were a lot of people who couldn't play nice in TMO that aren't around any more, and things have continued to improve in my view. I'm still not sure why that's relevant here, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager
Here's an argument against it: Open petitions won't fix the real problem and that's petitions happening in the first place. The only thing that will stop the petitions and bullshit is a full on rotation. As long as there's a FTE/FFA aspect to the raid scene, there will always be people running each other over to get the mob and crying foul.

I would argue further that a full rotation system would create a more classic atmosphere than the class system. After all, people didn't find P99 and say, "Hey, they have poopsocking and 3am batphones! That takes me back!".
Certainly, a full rotation would solve 99% of the issues. It's also very unrealistic in the current server environment. Open petitions are a middling step that will reduce the frivolous petitions a large amount. It seems absurd to me that our current system of dispute resolution takes many hours of Skype, PM's, and private conversations only to produce an outcome that is inconsistent with prior outcomes.

Open petitions aren't just about giving people a recording or log and saying "enjoy!" It's open simplifying the entire process to not be such a giant mess of missed communication and one-sided conversation.