View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Aviak

Ok heres a quick write up on how I got the luclin graphics. The only issue you will end up with is if you want to enter high pass, you will have to use the titanium client which does not support the luclin models. But anywhere else in the classic world works just fine. But if you try to enter highkeep using the SOF client, it will say loading unknown zone and boot you from the game. You wont be able to get back in to your char unless you load up a titanium client that uses the old models. That is why on my computer I have both the SOF client AND the titanium client. Here goes.

First you obtaind a copy of the EQ Secrets of Faydwer (SOF) disks. Hits toward bit torrent. You then install it.

Next you follow the instructions in the setup guide on the home page.

After doing all that is in that guide you load up EQ and log into one of the other servers that have the luclin models enabled. I used PEQ. You dont have to make a character or anything just log into it. After that you exit out, then relog into p99 the viola, you have luclin graphics.

Now if you want to edit your UI which you will want to since your spell icons will be out of whack, there is a guide here just make sure you download and install the files that are compatible with the SOF client.