View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesyde424 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So here's the proof:
Attachment 244

Here's how you do it:

You will need the SoF client. Install it to a different location than your titanium client. It doesn't matter where, just make sure you don't overwrite any other installs of EQ with it.

Modify the SoF client to access the EQ EMU servers using the same process as is used for Titanium and then login to the server select screen. DO NOT log into P99 yet.

Log into another server such as the PEQ main server or the EZ server. Wait until the character select screen has loaded. Once it has, simply log out. (I don't know why this step is required, but it is. If you connect to P99 before doing this, you will only see the classic character models.)

Next, go to your Everquest\Resources directory where you installed SoF and either rename or move the file called GlobalLoad.txt. Download the attached zip file Attachment 245 and extract it into your Resources folder. This will fix a bug with some mobs and the NPC's in Freeport being displayed as human male models.

And thats it! You should now be able to log into P99 and see the Luclin models right from the character select.

***DISCLAIMER***
Even though EQ EMU officially supports the use of the SoF client, P99 does not. And while it is technically possible to connect to P99 using the SoF client, there is at least one major bug.(See below)

As my testing time with this has been limited, I have only found a few bugs, one of which I correct with the GlobalLoad file above. I will add a list of major and minor bugs in the next post and do my best to keep it updated along with any solutions that are found for them.

Can we get a step-by-step guide for computer retards?

Possibly with links and pretty pictures in numerical order?