Thread: Paladin vs SK
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, people here are even more close-minded than they were on live about the advantages of having both a knight and a Warrior in group. About the only thing they can imagine doing is having the Warrior berzerk for semi-decent dps.
This is pretty interesting to me. Rogues and Monks get an extra attack on some cooldown that does great damage, however Warriors in Berserk mode can quad-damage crit people.

Given that most things on EQ seem more about gut-feelings than they do actual hard data (since hard data is actually difficult to come by without disclosing actual formulas), I wonder what that actual comparison is.

Like, it's suspected that critical attack chance can be influenced by Dexterity, but is that actually proven anywhere? I'd be interested to see what a well geared warrior in STR / DEX gear or maybe even just buffed up to max via shaman can do. One observation I've had is that Crits don't seem to be a PPM based thing, I've seen a warrior get quite a few critical hits back to back and later AA's seem to imply it's % based.

I'd love to see actual calculations on a lot of things, being able to back up gear selections with math would be super cool. I'm also inclined to believe a berserking warrior is actually pretty boss DPS, maybe not higher than a rogue but more than semi-decent.