Thread: Paladin vs SK
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 05:04 AM
Fire Giant

Both classes hold threat well. Damage mitigation should be similar as well.

What I particularly like about the paladin class is the utility. Being a warrior/cleric hybrid is much more helpful to the group than being a warrior/necromancer hybrid.

I've been spending some time leveling my Paladin. She's just about to hit 40.

I can hold aggro without breaking mez or even doing any damage.
I only have 1 stun now but it's very helpful. Mob on the cleric or maybe interrupting the chanter's mez? I can stun the mob and if it doesn't get mezzed by the time the stun wears off it'll prob bee-line to me. Once it's in melee range I can use blind to keep it on me.

When tanking I'll position myself so I'm standing near the next mob I want to kill. At 20% I turn off attack, switch to the next mob and cast blind. Then I can safely break mez and have the mob focused on me. By the time the DPS switch over the mob is on me and not going anywhere.
Also, the heals are very very helpful. Paladins get stronger heals than rangers while leveling. It's not much, but at level 40 I'm almost always full mana and can help top people off with heals after combat.

If I were a SK with full mana there's not much I could really do to help the group out in between combat.
Last edited by username17; 11-03-2014 at 05:14 AM..