View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for digging that up Toolshed, I wasn't aware that there had already been so much discussion on this topic.

I have to say though, I'm pretty surprised that Rogean was considering such a custom, non-classic implementation of the whole /guildwar mechanic. I understand that what he was looking to do was prevent any potential abuse of the guildwar while still promoting PVP, but I don't think that is truly necessary. In my opinion, if a guild is abusing the /guildwar mechanics, don't do a /guildwar with them. Simple enough.

Also worth noting, that entire discussion took place before the Red server was up and running, so from that point of view they may have been discussing things as if this /guildwar implementation was going to be the primary outlet for PVP. With the existence of Red, I don't think this is the case anymore.
I think it is very interesting the direction he wanted to take it.

Although I would like a little bit more of a hands-off approach to this content being re-enabled, I think something like a leaderboard could really add some flare to a classic feature

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar