View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 05:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didnt read through all the posting but ive run a good 10 feet ahead of me to cancel and spell and still had the spell channel through. ducking isnt something i use to do so it slips my mind occasionally so i run around to stop spell casting and on a few times ive had the spell channel through when i ran back and forward real quick(guessing landed in same spot so it checked and i was still there and it casted) but never had it where i ran in 1 direction for 3 seconds and it still channeled through til that one day.
The second loc check takes place near the end of the spell cast. It does not happen when the spell is done, it is earlier.

Try it, cast a spell and start running when its 97% done casting, you can run wherever you want.

(this also allows bards to twist songs at 2.8-2.9 sec cast time instead of the full 3 sec, compensating missed notes in a 4 song twist)

Has always been like that on live, seems perfect on P99.

I also managed to use this on p1999 by channeling a self-buff through accepting a res.

Get the res box up, stand directly above corpse, start casting a spell. When its very near the end of its cast, click accept. Since the "required mana" check takes place at the start of the spell cast, and you don't change loc, you can channel through accepting a res box.

Unsure if that works on eqlive, never tried.

Pretty funny that you can summon a pet through a res box and reclaim it after the res to have a healthy few 100 mana available after a res though.

Have fun with it.