View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanknspank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assure you more than that did it regularly and a whole lot more had the capability to do it when needed. My guild alone had a couple of loners who 2 boxed guards or whatever. One of our tanks had a cleric he'd trot out to keep the SolB/LGuk group alive in the late hours of the night when actual healers dried up. A few people had dru/wiz they'd bring out when Naggy/Vox popped and we had to port 25ish people asap to get them before other guilds.

Granted we were a hardcore guild, but we probably had about 15 people with 2nd accounts and the ability to box them. I'm sure guilds #2 and #3 on the server had at least some, and a handful of the non-uberguild players as well. And this was late '99/early '00, before Kunark was out.
For every one of them, there were many, many others who didn't. Point is that boxers were an extremely small percentage of players, circa 2000. That's the only reason it didn't affect the community too bad. Even allowing rampant 2-boxing would be disaster for this server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winobot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, def more. He seems to quote spurious statistics quite often.
I never quote spurious statistics and that was not a quote.
Last edited by myriverse; 07-11-2014 at 01:56 PM..