View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 02:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You aren't making a whole lot of sense here. We have no way of knowing how much hate other DPS are generating. So we can either SAVE our taunt for when the mob actually DOES change aggro to somebody else.... When it's a sure thing. OR we can just repeatedly mash taunt and hope that somehow it's benefiting us.

I'd rather have it primed and ready to go to snap aggro back as soon as the mob turns. That stops people from getting dead. If I'm waiting on taunt to refresh because I think some rogue might be generating more hate than me... it would really suck to see an enchanter drop while I'm waiting for that button to light up again, would you agree?

When you need taunt, you need it immediately.

Honestly it depends a lot on the situation, I was trying to critique a common misconception implied by a post, not comment on what is the better practice.

If your of the opinion that 100% of the time spamming taunt is "DOING IT WRONG" then that's fine. I disagree, but I have no interest in trying to convince anyone of the contrary.