View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who knows how to REALLY play guitar would know that it requires much more skill than ANY game. To strum a few chords and call yourself a guitar player is like fixing a flat tire and calling yourself a mechanic.

ITT: So, from what I'm hearing I guess there's lots of shitty guitarists around here, lol
One, the question he raised isn't about the amount of skill...its whether there is skill AT ALL.

Obviously, there are different tasks that require different amounts of skill (talent and learned ability). Just because something is only a game however has nothing to do with the amount of skill needed to do it good or to perfection.

One of the most interesting observations about humanity is how much energy we put into developing skill sets that have no immediate application to our day to day survival...and require tremendous skill and time to master. I'm not claiming that EQ is such an endeavor, but anyone who has played a sport at top levels of competition knows that being only a game doesn't make the tasks any easier or less skillful to master.

I'd be interested in watching a heads-up-display-of-no-skill-required-competition between Tecmos and Xer0.

Its so obvious that playing EQ well requires a developed skill (call it natural reaction time, call it a learning curve, call it a knowledge base, etc.) that you almost have to think its trolling.