View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 12:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default 40+ Monk Equip Help

So I was trying to help another Monk in the Starting Zone who was asking about gear when I realized I could use a little help myself.

Donatelo - 41 MNK

When I first started playing I was mostly soloing so I was always worried about my weight and would take AGI in slots where I couldn't get STR/HP easily (reason for my gloves/mantle). I've slowly gained levels, made some cash, and care less and less about my weight.

Question 1: Should I prioritize buying a better haste item (current: 17%) or continue to upgrade other slots? (purchasable equip, see bottom)

Question 2: Should I switch back to 2HB at my level? (again, lots of soloing) I've heard mixed results and just recently made the switch from IFS to AC/SoS at lvl 40. I realize it's nice to have both, but I don't have a Tink Bag yet and my funds were tight for a little while so I decided to stick with one set of weps for the time being.

I have about 4k liquid at the moment, ~5k in items, and a Shrunken Earring in my backpack (if I need to sell for a substantial upgrade). I know there's lots of nice no drop items out there but I play very casually and may not be able to acquire certain things like shiverback, an epic, or even crescent any time in the near future.