Thread: Camping
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

I have been submitting questions around caping out in the zone with the raid mob via petitions in the forum and have received no answers. It would be nice if at least guild leaders could get improved communications lines with the staff to avoid all of these issues.. Here are the camp out locations I asked about:

Potential camp spots IN the zone:
Severilous: In Emerald Jungle at the TT zone line
Faydedar: In Timerous Deep on Ogre Island (from raft zone-in)
Talendor: In Skyfire at the ramp to Overthere
Venril Sathir: Inside KC at the zone line
Trakanon: Inside Seb at the zone in
Innoruuk: Inside Plane of Hate at zone in room
Cazic Thule & Dracoliche: Inside Plane of Hate at West Wall

We in Taken were still camping our raid force outside of the zones in question. We also have been adhering to the 2 members in the target zone maximum during the window. Having observed numerous other guilds camping out IN the zone is frustrating. We took the wait and see approach on Tuesday. If no guilds are contacted by staff about this and/or disciplined, we will follow suit going forward and start camping out in zone. Personally, I dislike this notion as it kind of encroaches on poop-socking and goes against the spirit of competition for mobilization.

On a related note, my opinion on being in a zone when a raid boss pops(during simulated re-pops) is that members must zone out and then zone in before being involved in the engage. Simulated repops can happen any time so the very least that a guild should be doing is leaving and then re-entering (unless this is specifically identified as being against the rules by the staff). This I think is in line with the spirit of no poop socking.
-----------------------