Thread: Boxing Rules
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm new to Project 1999, and think the concept (and so far the implementation) is great. I'm posing my question/observation here more as an investigative side on my part.

I remember the days of two-boxing back on the SOE subscription servers. It seemed to go on with quite a regularity. Now, I breezed through this thread, and it seems the consensus against views two-boxers as folks who are going to control camps, which would otherwise be available to groups. That definitely was an issue, back in the day, with server loads to the upwards of 2000 online.

Now, people have expressed concern of that happening here. With server loads (from what I've seen) ranging anywhere from 400-600 online at a time, and the size of Norrath, is there really a worry that it would happen here? Gosh, I would hope not. I mean, I understand, that if every single person online two-boxed, that would push server loads to anywhere up to 1200 online, which still (hopefully) would allow plenty of content to share.

As I said, I'm asking purely to find out what is in-store for me as a budding gamer on this server. It seems that, overall, everyone here is good-natured, and here for the fun of re-experiencing this game in it's infancy, to recapture some of that enjoyment that we've all lost with the advent of the genre. I would like the think that everyone here would be welcome to helping each other out, and allowing the game to be fun for everyone. Maybe that's a dream world, I dunno.

To throw my two cents on the voting process, I don't have an opinion on two-boxers, but if the concern proves to be true I would whole-heartily support maintaining the current rules in place.