Thread: FTE shouts
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Adding more of something that never worked in the hope that it might work doesn't mean that it works.
But it's not "more" of the same. It's a fundamental change to something that wasn't accomplishing its stated goal. Drastic alteration isn't the same as shoehorning in thoughtless additions. This is less a band-aid and more an organ transplant.

There's not been a major sock of any target since the windows went in. While you disagree with the methods of the variance, it is undeniable that the new windows have made the variance better at fulfilling at least one of its intended purposes.

Again, your issue is with the variance itself; the addition of extended windows has no functional impact upon your argument. The variance is either a good thing or it is not. If it's going to exist, it stands to reason that it should good at what it is meant to do. I would think that a poorly functioning variance would be more outrageous than a well-tuned one. Do I dislike the fact that the variance was necessary? Sure, but I dislike the consequence of no variance even more. This server will never have the same environment that live did where mobs stay up for days and weeks at a time, and the devs can recreate that no more than they can recapture the magic of playing the game for the first time in 1999.
Last edited by Frieza_Prexus; 07-07-2013 at 07:57 PM..