Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Where to Lvl? (/forums/showthread.php?t=6123)

Skeezy727 04-19-2010 09:46 PM

Where to Lvl?

Hi all, just a quick question. I'm lvling in Crushbone atm on my dorf pally. I can't really remember where to go from here once I out lvl this place. I remember spending quite a bit of time in Unrest back in the day, but i just don't really remember where to go from here. Any advice?

Skope 04-19-2010 09:47 PM

as a pally, go to unrest :P it's quite vibrant on this server and groups are aplenty. One thing i'd be careful of are the unrest trains. they can get quite gruesome at low lvl.

Ardenya 04-19-2010 10:14 PM

A great place to level after CB is Oasis. I have made 13 - 16 in a few hours grouping at the orc highway but you can start a little earlier doing the crocs in a group by the docks. There are merchants nearby to sell the loot or buy food/drink too. Throughout the whole evening there were 30+ people in the zone so finding company should be easy enough. Unrest will keep you busy after 20+ so you might consider stopping buy in Oasis.

Tallenn 04-20-2010 01:31 AM

Unrest after CB. That should take you to high 20s, maybe even higher, but there's only like one camp suitable to anyone above 30.

After that, High Keep basement rocks- can go to 35 or more. Then, it's time to start in Sol B and L Guk.

I HATE Oasis. Random gankage by SGs and specs, over- crowded, yelling matches in zone channels about who stole who's spawn, and crap money (at least on crocs, orcs are pretty good). I much prefer HighPass or Unrest in upper teens, NRo or WC in lower teens. The ONLY thing oasis has going for it is that's where everyone is, so getting groups is usually pretty easy.

Skeezy727 04-20-2010 02:55 AM

Cool, thanks for the input guys. =)

MrB 04-20-2010 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallenn (Post 49267)
I HATE Oasis. Random gankage by SGs and specs, over- crowded, yelling matches in zone channels about who stole who's spawn, and crap money

That's what makes it classic :D

A must visit zone.

guineapig 04-20-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrB (Post 49287)
That's what makes it classic :D

A must visit zone.

Are you a caster of any kind?

If so, I have 2 words for you: puma aggro

They can smell you sitting form a mile away and THEY WILL run across the entire zone just to take a bite out of your face while your trying to meditate.

But yeah, the zone is kind of like a time capsule of playing in '99. :)

mgellan 04-20-2010 02:48 PM

Hey guys:

I put up a wiki to publish my levelling guide I've collected from various sources over the years, if you want to check it out hopefully it'll be helpful. Every page is editable, so if you want to add your own wisdom, even better! Be nice or it'll come down is all I ask.

http://www.gordtulloch.com/twiki

Regards,
Gord

Elendae 04-20-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgellan (Post 49475)
Hey guys:

I put up a wiki to publish my levelling guide I've collected from various sources over the years, if you want to check it out hopefully it'll be helpful. Every page is editable, so if you want to add your own wisdom, even better! Be nice or it'll come down is all I ask.

http://www.gordtulloch.com/twiki

Regards,
Gord

This is great. I am not an expert when it comes to places to level, but I'll try to flesh out what I can.

Zordana 04-20-2010 10:11 PM

i find this a nice guide for leveling, but guides for raids? isnt it all about figuring out how everything works, if you didnt do it yet? =)