Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Loot Is So Common... (/forums/showthread.php?t=430362)

Drueric 04-06-2024 07:18 PM

Loot Is So Common...

Items drops seem to be happening with increased frequency lately, (Or maybe it always has been) so much that nothing has any value any more.... wtg devs. I mean.. me and a buddy farmed rygor orcs for a few hours and we collected 2 sets of armor (with several duplicates rotting) about 20 orc fang earrings. Kinda silly. That is just ONE example.

I dont think this happens everywhere though, it seems some zones or mobs have jacked up drop rates.

Andyman1022 04-07-2024 07:23 AM

Oh ya, gotta watch out for that Rygorr armor and earring market manipulation wheeewweeee

Drueric 04-07-2024 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyman1022 (Post 3681049)
Oh ya, gotta watch out for that Rygorr armor and earring market manipulation wheeewweeee

As I said, that is just one example, of many. Ive noticed the price coming down for alot of what used to be rare and highly sought after high level items that are now common and cheap and no one wants. Every other new toon you see nowadays is rocking lvl 50+ gear that can be bought in ec for super cheap. Even given away for free because no one wants it. I mean.. its kinda silly and defeats the purpose of earning your own shit. There is an old saying... If everything is special, then nothing is. The magic of eq is lost.

Drueric 04-07-2024 10:41 AM

(Lag caused double post)

Agrimir 04-07-2024 11:55 AM

That's just how RNG is. Sometimes you hit a dry spell; sometimes you keep getting lucky. But it all averages out in the end.

That said, it's been about a year and a half since Velious had it's last patch. The market is flooded and it won't be getting any better.

Swish 04-07-2024 10:05 PM

The damn RNG.

Camping the OOT ancient cyclops for 12 hours one time without seeing it, and then getting it after the last one appeared for the guy before me 4 mobs after he got his ring at the next attempt.

I wouldn't change it, it's part of the "fun" lol

Tethler 04-08-2024 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drueric (Post 3681054)
As I said, that is just one example, of many. Ive noticed the price coming down for alot of what used to be rare and highly sought after high level items that are now common and cheap and no one wants. Every other new toon you see nowadays is rocking lvl 50+ gear that can be bought in ec for super cheap. Even given away for free because no one wants it. I mean.. its kinda silly and defeats the purpose of earning your own shit. There is an old saying... If everything is special, then nothing is. The magic of eq is lost.

I haven't noticed any drop rate changes. Prices are dropping because the no-lifers that are still farming the same stuff have an ever decreasing population to sell to, and new blood entering the server is minimal.

cd288 04-08-2024 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drueric (Post 3681054)

Respectfully, this is just a description of the usual mudflating that happens when a server has been around a long time. It's easy to forget that Green has been around for almost half a decade now (at least it is for me...feel like the last few years have flown by). This is a totally typical result of an old server.

Hopefully we get a merge and a new one sometime this year!

Drueric 04-09-2024 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 3681078)
The damn RNG.

Camping the OOT ancient cyclops for 12 hours one time without seeing it, and then getting it after the last one appeared for the guy before me 4 mobs after he got his ring at the next attempt.

I wouldn't change it, it's part of the "fun" lol

Not everything has been altered. But some zones and drops have.

Drueric 04-09-2024 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tethler (Post 3681081)
I haven't noticed any drop rate changes. Prices are dropping because the no-lifers that are still farming the same stuff have an ever decreasing population to sell to, and new blood entering the server is minimal.

That makes sense. The server pop must be going down... Maybe green needs a fresh restart. Actually not maybe, it does..