Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   New to EQ (/forums/showthread.php?t=430179)

Scole 03-30-2024 03:16 PM

New to EQ

Hi, I'm new to EQ project 1999, is there a way to change keybinds and screen resolution? currently, my game is stuck in windowed mode and only using half of my screen. just hoping to find a quick fix.

spoil 03-31-2024 04:08 PM

Hey, welcome!

You can change keybindings in the options menu (alt + o) under keys.

And you can play on full screen but I think the game plays best in windowed mode, but you can set the window to basically cover your entire screen except the taskbar. You can do this in your eqclient.ini file.

find WindowedMode= if it's FALSE, set it to TRUE, then change the values of these to set the size of your window:
WindowedWidth=
WindowedHeight=

Type /chatfontsize 1-6 to in any text box in-game to change the size of the text in your chat windows. If other parts of the UI are too small there are further steps you can take.

Swish 04-01-2024 04:23 AM

Sort of offtopic but related if you're playing with windowed settings...

If you ever experience a black screen in the game, toggle between windowed and fullscreen by holding down Alt and pressing enter :)

WarpathEQ 04-02-2024 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 3680404)
Sort of offtopic but related if you're playing with windowed settings...

If you ever experience a black screen in the game, toggle between windowed and fullscreen by holding down Alt and pressing enter :)

But also keep in mind this is an old school game so when a mob blinds you, your screen will go flat black. Once the blind wears off you will return to normal sight.