Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Overweight Dark Elf (/forums/showthread.php?t=422214)

DeadScreen 08-03-2023 04:06 PM

Overweight Dark Elf

Hey guys!

Made a new character not too long ago; however, where P99 is my first and only EQ experience, I have limited knowledge for lvling areas.

At around lvl 8/9 I headed over to Blackburrow to hunt.

Bound to Qeynos hills in case I die (which I have many times) in there, but obviously I'm having trouble finding a method of shedding some of my weight (most of it being coin that I need to change at a bank).

I also have accumulated quite a few gnoll fangs, but again...I am evil.

Any advice? Thanks a bunch in-advance. :D

enjchanter 08-03-2023 05:33 PM

I'll give you 1000 plat and you delete all the junk you picked up in BB and call it even

jolanar 08-03-2023 05:53 PM

Go back to Neriak so you can bank. It really isn't a great idea to take a low level dark elf to Blackburrow.

Jimjam 08-03-2023 11:16 PM

Delete the copper and silver if you need to.

Always dump str in all new characters if they aren’t going to be twinked (especially casters)

You may be able to use the bank in qeynos sewers and access the Qeynos arena through there (no promises you aren’t kos).

Take advice with plenty of salt.

mcoy 08-04-2023 06:51 AM

Vendor bank - find a merchant that will sell to you, and buy/sell items to exchange coin. You lose like 20% but it's better than being encumbered. Look for gems, they tend to have a better ratio, and are weightless so you can "store" plat in a stackable manner.

Someone once told me alchemy merchants/ingredients are good for this too, but I haven't looked into it.

-Mcoy

Toxigen 08-04-2023 09:16 AM

i recommend the devils dandruff and parliament lights

skulldudes 08-04-2023 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcoy (Post 3631826)
Vendor bank - find a merchant that will sell to you, and buy/sell items to exchange coin. You lose like 20% but it's better than being encumbered. Look for gems, they tend to have a better ratio, and are weightless so you can "store" plat in a stackable manner.

Someone once told me alchemy merchants/ingredients are good for this too, but I haven't looked into it.

-Mcoy

gotta be careful with alchy leaves etc i've been burned on em because sometimes their sell value is wayyy off of the cost. fletching merchants are lowkey great tho, silver tip arrowheads have a better buy/sell ratio than most common gems

gkmarino 08-06-2023 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcoy (Post 3631826)

-Mcoy

vendor sold gems are good to convert coin into value. Carry the gems until you need to resell them later. Stick with Peridots or cheaper. Also iron rations buying 20 at a time (shift+buy) is a good way to convert 3plat worth of silver/copper coin. Still incur a 10-20% loss when you sell the iron rations back but if you can't find a bank it helps.

Cen 08-09-2023 01:51 AM

I entered this topic seeing the title imagining this:

https://i.imgur.com/tTQTowg.png

and forgot they just have low strength

You can actually bank in the qeynos sewers Bloodsabers guild, but you wont be able to vendor if you are dubious, some dark elves are apprehensive depending on class

Barik 08-09-2023 02:20 PM

+1