Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   WinEQ vs DG Voodoo2 (Crashes vs Background FPS) (/forums/showthread.php?t=415240)

Chris1479 02-15-2023 10:37 AM

WinEQ vs DG Voodoo2 (Crashes vs Background FPS)

Wiped P99 and reinstalled from scratch after tolerating lots of nagging issues around crashing when logging/relogging/character swapping etc. Very impressed with DG Voodoo2 so far, no more crashes!

However it doesn't fix the background fps problem where EQ lags in the background when you're tabbed out.

Is there any way of fixing this WITHOUT using WinEQ? I'm reluctant to try and put a bandage on a bandage and try to install WinEQ alongside DGVoodoo2 as that's just asking to cause more problems.

ya.dingus 02-16-2023 09:56 AM

Where did you install dgvoodoo2 from by the by? Can you link to the source?

Treefall 02-16-2023 10:26 AM

I haven't done or used this but after Googling - have you thought about trying a program that always keeps the window on top (auto hotkey?) as part of EQ's design is to lower its performance when it isn't the top/main window.

I think this would work if you were doing something side by side or had EQ on your secondary monitor, but again I have no experience so maybe it doesn't work.

magnetaress 02-16-2023 11:21 AM

i have dgvood2 in winxp service pack 2 compat mode works like a charm unless internet hickups bacdly

Stape 02-16-2023 11:35 AM

As far as I know, there is no fix for the lag while tabbed out. I had problems for years until I installed dgvoodoo and borderless gaming. Also took the Sony folder out of program files and put it just in the drive folder with winxp2 service pack applied. Have not had a crash in nearly a year. I am not sure how well wineq2 works with dgvoodoo, you can try it but if you have bad luck just search for boderless gaming.

Treefall 02-16-2023 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stape (Post 3574730)
As far as I know, there is no fix for the lag while tabbed out. I had problems for years until I installed dgvoodoo and borderless gaming. Also took the Sony folder out of program files and put it just in the drive folder with winxp2 service pack applied. Have not had a crash in nearly a year. I am not sure how well wineq2 works with dgvoodoo, you can try it but if you have bad luck just search for boderless gaming.

Do you have any issues with borderless getting the Y-Axis off for your mouse?

I installed it to fix pixel crunch and it works, but find that I have to alt+o and re-accept the resolution to get everything aligned again. Fixes pixel crunch/removal still but slightly annoying.

Stape 02-16-2023 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treefall (Post 3574739)
Do you have any issues with borderless getting the Y-Axis off for your mouse?

I installed it to fix pixel crunch and it works, but find that I have to alt+o and re-accept the resolution to get everything aligned again. Fixes pixel crunch/removal still but slightly annoying.

I do find it off just a tad, about half millimeter on mine. Not enough for me to worry about but I could see how it could cause a problem.

greenskp1999 02-18-2023 02:40 AM

what vga card? if you want 60+ FPS, some tweaks are required

greenskp1999 02-18-2023 06:27 AM

if you are using Nvidia Driver, try following setting in 3D setting.

1. Max Frame Rate - 288 or
2. Low Latency Mode - Ultra High or
3. Vertical Sync- Fast

PS. If you are using NB and IGP enable, remember to add eqgame to tricker 3D setting.

Chris1479 02-18-2023 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenskp1999 (Post 3576087)
if you are using Nvidia Driver, try following setting in 3D setting.

1. Max Frame Rate - 288 or
2. Low Latency Mode - Ultra High or
3. Vertical Sync- Fast

PS. If you are using NB and IGP enable, remember to add eqgame to tricker 3D setting.

Thanks I'll try these. What are NB / IGP enable?