Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   PlayStation or Xbox? (/forums/showthread.php?t=412146)

Toxigen 12-14-2022 07:24 AM

PlayStation or Xbox?

Just closed on new house, got a 85” Samsung being delivered this week.

Taking a break from anything PC related for a while. Want to enjoy my new couch, TV, and embrace the casual console life for those little bits of time I’ll have to actually sit down, relax, and play.

My favorite genre of game is hack n slash / dungeon crawler / RPG (think Champions of Norrath).

I’m leaning towards PS5 from what I’ve read so far. I don’t bounce around from game to game (I’ve literally only played league of legends and P99 for the last decade+). Online competitive play is less and less important. Looking for the kind of games I can sink 100+ hours into before moving on to the next.

Wat do?

Also since I’m so far out of the loop…do people still buy physical game disc copies these days or is everything done online? Isn’t there still an advantage of playing a game off a disc? Halp.

magnetaress 12-14-2022 09:42 AM

Go outside bruh.

Also co consider a wii some of those games are silly and fun a f. Ask Gustoo.

Awesome console games imo tho that require beefy consoles. No Man's Sky. Saints Row 1 & 2. So I personally would lean towards the Xbox side of things. Especially a newer gen 1 for NMS.

Skyrim and GTA are designed to rott ur brain. Anime tiddies will turn u gay if not already.

Botten 12-14-2022 10:20 AM

PS new VR looks interesting.

or the newer Steam Decks

magnetaress 12-14-2022 10:21 AM

Yuck no bro

Toxigen 12-14-2022 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Botten (Post 3544036)
PS new VR looks interesting.

or the newer Steam Decks

Not interested in VR.

Skarne 12-14-2022 10:45 AM

PS5 is a better gaming system due to it's catalogue of exclusives than Xbox for the time being. I have both X series X and PS5 and the PS5 wins by far due to games like God of War, Ghosts of Tsushima, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and many more.

BUT Xbox will have some good exclusives eventually like Elder Scrolls, Halo, Avowed, some other games.

But as of right now, go for the PS5 man. The Controller is amazing and will surprise you with it's features.

Evia 12-14-2022 11:07 AM

I have a ps5 and while I love it and use it daily, the games for it are severely lacking imho...especially for good rpg type stuff.

I'm nearing 2 years ownership and I own 4 ps5 games and I'm constantly looking to buy another one it's just that nothing looks great.

I play rdr2 the most on it and that's technically a ps4 game because Rockstar won't release a rdr2 ps5 update.

I'd recommend the disc drive ps5 and I'd also recommend buying physical copies. I think it might be personal preference but I like being able to play the games I bought even if I don't have internet. Plus you saw what nintendo did to 3ds owners where they just yanked their digital games...so yeah I'd rather own physical.

Skarne 12-14-2022 11:15 AM

Yes always buy hard copies.

magnetaress 12-14-2022 11:46 AM

Halo and original Fable is Xbox titles too. And halo is p fun chill experience.

Also maybe MS gets Activision blizzard.

unsunghero 12-14-2022 12:41 PM

My cousins really raves about the God of War series, especially the recent one