Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Public transportation needs more funding (/forums/showthread.php?t=400611)

Scandi 03-18-2022 07:05 AM

Public transportation needs more funding

1 Attachment(s)
From time to time, I find my self having to take the boat, even on my druid. And each time I wonder if the boat are on strike or something. I would guess since this time schedule is so unnaturaly far between, the programmers might have mixed up time programming on game time and real time?

At least: can the GM's have some sand giants push the boats to speed up this public transportation.

Attachment 17223

Allishia 03-18-2022 08:28 AM

Lol, boats take like 40 mins I think? Maybe it's 30 but I know it is a while. Worst thing is when you afk and miss it and have to wait again /nod

starkind 03-18-2022 08:40 AM

Translocators. Wouldn't ruin p99

Waiting on the bloated belly in TD... now... that's a bonkers wait.

Reiwa 03-18-2022 10:50 AM

Blame the stevedores.

eisley 03-18-2022 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkind (Post 3436478)
Translocators. Wouldn't ruin p99

Waiting on the bloated belly in TD... now... that's a bonkers wait.

That is one at least 38 minutes. That's what I timed it at from my random arrival one time. I was blown away so I checked my log for when I said "at boat" and it was 38 minutes. I wonder what the max time is.

unsunghero 03-18-2022 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allishia (Post 3436473)
Lol, boats take like 40 mins I think? Maybe it's 30 but I know it is a while. Worst thing is when you afk and miss it and have to wait again /nod

Or how you shouldn’t panic and try to move as the shuttle to the boat passes through the dock itself with you still on it

Not only did I panic and attempt to move to stay on the shuttle, causing me to step onto the dock and then not be able to get back on the shuttle in time, but I saw the exact same thing happen to another noob like a week later on his first boat attempt

Weee another 40 min wait. Get fucked

Nibblewitz 03-18-2022 11:28 AM

I’m surprised someone hasn’t timed the boats and created a time table for all of them.

Allishia 03-18-2022 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsunghero (Post 3436527)
Or how you shouldn’t panic and try to move as the shuttle to the boat passes through the dock itself with you still on it

Not only did I panic and attempt to move to stay on the shuttle, causing me to step onto the dock and then not be able to get back on the shuttle in time, but I saw the exact same thing happen to another noob like a week later on his first boat attempt

Weee another 40 min wait. Get fucked

LMAO

Mblake1981 03-18-2022 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scandi (Post 3436457)
From time to time, I find my self having to take the boat, even on my druid. And each time I wonder if the boat are on strike or something. I would guess since this time schedule is so unnaturaly far between, the programmers might have mixed up time programming on game time and real time?

At least: can the GM's have some sand giants push the boats to speed up this public transportation.

Attachment 17223

Good rant
8/10 for the RP factor.

But yes, a round trip is like 40 minutes real time. Porting was always an amazing thing and not found like this in other MMORPGs that I played in era. Druid was always a popular class, the SOW and ports gave mobility to the player base.

Going from crawling around noobie zones to your friends finding you and one has a high level druid. Now you are running around, sometimes as a wolf!, and can instantly go to the other side of the world, that would take you like an hour of goofing around and sight seeing the game. Big oldschool CRT in the original UI.. no other games like it at the time for me. Nintendo 64 was still for sale at Wal-Mart.

tl/dr: Kelethin druid guild should hire the gnomes to fix the OOT druid rings, it's been in disrepair long enough. :) j/k

Here are the original ships

Jibartik 03-18-2022 12:43 PM

an awesome custom quest would be for there to be an island with pirates on it that if you do a quest it respawns the island for like 8 hours and the boats come every 5 minuets, but if you leave the mobs up the boats go back down to their once in a life time rate they are set to now.