Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Embarking on a new journey with a warrior (/forums/showthread.php?t=399449)

iplayeq 02-17-2022 09:50 AM

Embarking on a new journey with a warrior

Hey everyone,

I have absolutely no experience when it comes to tanks and melee classes so I feel like a complete newbie. I want to earn all the gear with my Necromancer (lv 53) or by doing quests with and tradeskills with the warrior instead of purchasing anything.

Are there any decent quests I can do while I level up my warrior and what are some decent gear I can get with my necromancer.

Toxigen 02-17-2022 11:59 AM

If you go gnome war you can craft the Clockwork armor for some awesome self-buffing, most notably 40% haste (bigly underappreciated).

How much farming do you want to do on your necro? Unfortunately you may need to purchase a weapon, Staff of Battle is a cheap option can be found for a few hundred plat.

Definitely go to lower Guk, camp Frenzied for FBSS (haste belt).

The orcs in EW can be camped for 2x Orc Fang Earrings.

Either level JC yourself (not recommended) or buy 2x HP/AC rings.

You're just a bit low, if your necro was higher level you could probably camp Frenzy in Velk for 2x wrists and arms.

Have a guild? Do they farm Kael arena? Barbed dragonscale boots and shoulders drop there, as well as the neck from Bvellos.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Warrior_Equipment

Choose each item slot, sort by whatever stat you're looking for (STR, HP, etc)...find a drop that looks decent and is within your farming capability.

iplayeq 02-17-2022 12:29 PM

My plan was to camp Frenzied and kill a few orcs in EW for the earrings. I do have a guild and I was planning on joining them in Kael once I hit 53.I was going to see if I have any luck getting ringmail armor from unrest as well.

I made a Half Elf warrior that worships Innoruuk. The combination intrigued me and being able to run in and out of my favorite city (Neriak) is a plus.

Tewaz 02-17-2022 04:36 PM

Heads up: Frenzy in lower guk has a long respawn time and you're looking for a rare item off the rare spawn. It can be very frustrating.

Argonis175 02-17-2022 05:46 PM

How is truesilver mail armor? I should be able to farm for that with my necro.

Tewaz 02-18-2022 02:00 PM

Truesilver is good vendor trash. Sells for a lot.

Robersonroger38 02-18-2022 02:08 PM

Can a necro do the wurmslayer quest?

If so is a very good weapon

Jimjam 02-18-2022 02:21 PM

True silver is really rare, will be a gruelling farm.

wagorf 02-22-2022 09:59 AM

there's nothing your 53 necro can camp for war that are decent, there's also not much you can farm for cash at 53, and war is expensive to gear

expect to be frustrated as you level the war, since you don't have the plat to fund it

Dollar 02-22-2022 08:17 PM

Nothing??

Okay there is plenty you can solo that is solid gear.. just maybe not the best twink gear for velious. You can solo fbss, yaks, classic warrior quest armor, hooded black cloak.. I mean you can solo a full set of gear that is more than adequate to gear a warrior just fine. You would struggle solo just like any warrior struggles to solo without a fungi.