Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Why is the SRo AC implemented as a fixed spawn chance at 9pm? (/forums/showthread.php?t=375395)

DoucLangur 01-01-2021 09:37 AM

Why is the SRo AC implemented as a fixed spawn chance at 9pm?

No, I do not have all the logs that prove it, but I used to farm AC a lot in Velious era, and he spawned all over the night. So no matter whether or not killing the placeholder makes any difference at night, there was definitely a way to "push" the spawn time to somewhere later at night, depending on what you did in the daytime.

Why does the wiki even link to a claim of Nilbog that "it works just like that" (regarding the revealed eqlive spawn mechanism: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...4&postcount=57) when that is clearly not true (anymore)?

As things are, the p1999 AC (on green, at least) is a "newly invented" spawn loosely based on the classic ancient cyclops.

If we're inventing new spawns on p1999, can we put Quillmane on a static spawn time as well? And the gods? And dragons? Maybe just sell dragon loot for $$ directly from the staff?

Mblake81 01-01-2021 10:27 AM

They change the thing that a lot of people complain or fight over. You will have to pound sand with Quillmane.

Wharfrat 01-01-2021 11:36 AM

It works just like that

loramin 01-01-2021 12:28 PM

Provide evidence that it used to work differently; that's how things get changed here.

DoucLangur 01-01-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3237809)
Provide evidence that it used to work differently; that's how things get changed here.

I saw your attempts to get a more accurate wiki page. For what it's worth: the "non aggro" "a mummy" is currently not at all related to the AC. I followed it around like a puppy until 9pm, just to confirm / check whether it depops. An AC spawned at 9pm, but the "a mummy" (yes, the non aggro roamer, not the static spawn) was still up (partially why I didn't get the AC this time ;)

With regards to proving: I'd like to see the "evidence" that an AC can only spawn at 9pm, because - despite me not believing that just for people claiming it - I am now fairly certain that this is correct. I have a feeling the current mechanic was silently implemented to do someone a favor. Like leaking server spawn tables to guilds.

Jimjam 01-01-2021 03:00 PM

A live dev did a write up on the classic S Ro mechanics including plenty of details, such as spawn tables. I’m pretty sure the p1999 implementation is based on that.

magnetaress 01-02-2021 12:20 PM

Irrc h2h used to do more dmg on non monks as its skill went up.

I remember punching bears for 4-10 dmg at max skill on my wizard. And maybe it went up x5+5 for everyone?

I need to research.

Arvan 01-02-2021 03:36 PM

change the server to fit my incomplete 30 year old memory !

loramin 01-02-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3237863)
A live dev did a write up on the classic S Ro mechanics including plenty of details, such as spawn tables. I’m pretty sure the p1999 implementation is based on that.

If you happen to have a link, it'd be great if we could add it to the wiki, to help dispel confusion (like the OP's) in the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucLangur (Post 3237848)
I saw your attempts to get a more accurate wiki page. For what it's worth: the "non aggro" "a mummy" is currently not at all related to the AC. I followed it around like a puppy until 9pm, just to confirm / check whether it depops. An AC spawned at 9pm, but the "a mummy" (yes, the non aggro roamer, not the static spawn) was still up (partially why I didn't get the AC this time ;)

Good to know; you should edit the wiki to say as much :D

magnetaress 01-02-2021 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arvan (Post 3238233)
change the server to fit my incomplete 30 year old memory !

But I regularly forget how old I really am.