Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   crashing on green when camping (/forums/showthread.php?t=374548)

Shourty 12-20-2020 10:41 PM

crashing on green when camping

When green first came out I had an issue with crashing on camping. Someone posted a fix for this that worked a treat. I have had to reinstall the game and it is doing it again. What was that fix?
Thanks.

Knuckle 12-20-2020 10:56 PM

this issue started for me over the summer when wineq started messing up. they had a lot of complaints on the forums. not sure if a fix is out.

BiG SiP 12-20-2020 10:57 PM

and here i thought this was just expected behavior for years

N0tClassic 12-20-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shourty (Post 3231948)
When green first came out I had an issue with crashing on camping. Someone posted a fix for this that worked a treat. I have had to reinstall the game and it is doing it again. What was that fix?
Thanks.

It depends where you installed the Titanium Client

If Everquest isn't installed in the Program FilesX86/Sony default directory this can happen

Bearsnowls 12-20-2020 11:33 PM

Yeah that happens to me too. Feels like it happens like a quarter of the time I log out.

Swish 12-20-2020 11:41 PM

It's only happened to me on green.

Noselacri 12-21-2020 12:04 AM

Happens to me too. Someone in the tech forum said the fix is to set eqgame's compatibility thing to XP service pack 2, but when I do that, the game can't recognize any UI files or system settings and reverts everything to default. So I just live with the fact that it crashes 90% of the time when I camp.

douglas1999 12-21-2020 01:36 AM

I get "Everquest has detected that your client may have crashed" or something about the XML files. Just happens randomly, if I leave the client at the char select overnight and then try to log in in the morning it happens almost every time.

mcoy 12-21-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noselacri (Post 3232004)
Happens to me too. Someone in the tech forum said the fix is to set eqgame's compatibility thing to XP service pack 2, but when I do that, the game can't recognize any UI files or system settings and reverts everything to default. So I just live with the fact that it crashes 90% of the time when I camp.

You get this because you have the game installed in Program Files, which is a protected directory it can't write to unless you also run it as an administrator. Otherwise, your UI files are written to your user's temp folder under C:\Users\<Username>\AppData.

Move your install out of Program Files to something like C:\Games\Everquest, or (in addition to changing the compatibility mode) set eqgame.exe to run as an administrator.

https://imgur.com/VwPBKTT.jpg

-Mcoy

Shourty 12-21-2020 07:25 PM

I looked thru the properties of the shortcut. I clicked on each tab then the advanced for each. I found the run as admin and clicked that. I'll let you know if that helps.
I also choose the medium pointer to see if it helped. I'm old and the pointer in default is too small.