Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Looking for a specific type of guild. (/forums/showthread.php?t=363818)

CroixRaoul 07-20-2020 08:00 PM

Looking for a specific type of guild.

Howdy, I'm rolling up a ranger for the first time, and I'm wondering if EQ Green has an equivalent to the Auld Lang Syne guild on Blue, or any hardcore guilds really

Mostly want the most classic experience possible/I love travelling to unpopular zones with people, best adventures there.

Coridan 07-20-2020 09:07 PM

Auld Lang Syne itself is on Green though I don't know how active they are I haven't really seen em around much.

cd288 07-20-2020 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coridan (Post 3157789)
Auld Lang Syne itself is on Green though I don't know how active they are I haven't really seen em around much.

I’m guessing there’s less people who want to do that on a fresh server. People probably want to build their alts and platinum bankroll first

ldgo86 07-20-2020 09:53 PM

ALS doesn’t really have a purpose on Green. It’s still early enough on the server that they would just be another guild.

Ezeakiell 07-21-2020 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
FoH is a good end raid guild. Seal Team and Kingdom are pretty top notch. Venerate is one of my faves since their philosophy is ahead of its time.

Message Prettyevil in game to inquire about FoH
Message Onlarian or Legendarymonk in game about Venerate

not sure about the others.

Attachment 13005

Cen 07-21-2020 09:45 PM

ALS was a hard prescense on teal but after merge with green basically got vaporized mysteriously.. which is weird because kingdom didnt

Kirdan 07-22-2020 12:49 AM

ALS wasn't on teal. ALS green still exists. It got kinda big out the gate. There were many of us from blue who wanted to play green, but the restrictions were a harder sell on a fresh server. Many people also joined ALS green because they saw it as a decent sized guild, but it was pretty clear that many weren't interested in the restrictions and eventually moved on. I imagine that people will eventually yearn for more of that extra classic feeling, but it may be a while.

RecondoJoe 07-22-2020 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirdan (Post 3158307)
ALS wasn't on teal. ALS green still exists. It got kinda big out the gate. There were many of us from blue who wanted to play green, but the restrictions were a harder sell on a fresh server. Many people also joined ALS green because they saw it as a decent sized guild, but it was pretty clear that many weren't interested in the restrictions and eventually moved on. I imagine that people will eventually yearn for more of that extra classic feeling, but it may be a while.

I noticed this too. Like everyone I've seen wearing the ALS title on Green doesn't abide by any of the restrictions. Reality is the restrictions are no big deal for some classes, and are absolutely massive for others. I can level a naked Shaman and make 10-15K just doing 30-40 off of Halfling Guards and end up with insane gear that I "earned" myself. Meanwhile a Warrior on the other hand is going to have a really bad time.

Dural_Levant 07-22-2020 02:00 PM

Out of curiosity, what kind of restrictions does <Auld Lang Syne> impose?

Jibartik 07-22-2020 03:03 PM

My perspective on ALS was this:

Leading up to green they were all over the classic zones, working on quests, leveling up by themselves, in what I assumed was a prep for green + just doing it for fun. I was doing the same thing and ALS guild members and I were always working on quests together randomly in newbie zones.

Then on green these guys shot up week 1 I was doing well that week and I remember almost all the players I was interacting with were ALS players, I was thinking "man, they had a major plan set up for this server and it looks like it worked!"

Now, that they are not the top raiding guild after all it does kind of make sense that the types of folks that spent their time on blue prancing around the karanas collecting classic armor, wouldnt end up being the high end raid competitors after all haha

I liked ALS! You guys were the 1999 <Hidden Power> of p99.