Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Really wish /melody was in green (/forums/showthread.php?t=337252)

oldhead 10-22-2019 01:28 PM

Really wish /melody was in green

I know i know.. classic emulator. No way... But damn I love the bard but hate manually twisting. The TLP's got me so spoiled with classic content mixed with modern QOL.

There are just no bards like EQ bards in any other game (except vanguard).

Gustoo 10-22-2019 01:33 PM

Its because the twisting spells was barely / not actually an intended function. Like many of the cool parts of EQ, it just happened.

Like skiing in tribes and tribes 2. Tribes 2 didn't originally have skiing and people lost their shit and they fixed it right away. (Holding jump to slide down hills and gain momentum)

Sometimes the best parts of game were not designed in. God put them in.

Fammaden 10-22-2019 02:01 PM

/stopsong appears to work for macros and people were saying that it might not be in due to classic timeline, so there's that.

Legidias 10-22-2019 02:18 PM

Stopsong and melody are bad anyways. Stopsong wastes time in twisting and melody doesnt have flexibility

larper99 10-22-2019 02:24 PM

Ok, this interests me since Bard has become my favorite class playing on Blue.

Seems difficult to believe that twisting was not originally intended since the song can end before the effect wears off. Bards would be a lot less beneficial to a party if they couldn't twist.

If it wasn't intended, it sure was realized that removing the ability would not be "welcome".

Gustoo 10-22-2019 04:06 PM

Yeah whether intended or not, no one at all imagines removing it.

bum3 10-22-2019 04:11 PM

As a person who sold a classic bard for $500... i can tell you twisting existed but not like today. You were lucky to get 3 consistently with shitty netz and 2 during raids. Some raids... i'd have to wait till the mob was dead for the game to catch up to see if I lived the kiting or not....

Argh 10-22-2019 04:11 PM

It's not bad with macros like:
Quote:

/stopsong
/cast 1
/pause 28
/stopsong
/cast 2
Quote:

/stopsong
/cast 3
Quote:

/stopsong
/cast 4
Quote:

/stopsong
/cast 5
/pause 28
/stopsong
/cast 2
Sucks if a song breaks early, but my 1/2/5 are for dots and haste and rarely break, and 3/4 are fear/slow and it reliably twists 5 songs with little effort.

NegaStoat 10-22-2019 04:13 PM

The biggest issue that P1999 has versus old 1999 retail EQ with bards is the chance of being knocked out of a song while in melee combat. On old retail I could twist 3 songs with only a few issues from level 6 on up to 50 if I kept my music instrument skill associated with a particular song maxed. The only time it would drop is if I was successfully stunned with a bash or slam from a mob.

On P1999, the flippin' goblins in Butcherblock would knock me out of a song every single time with a bash attempt whether it successfully stunned me or not. Every. Time. I understand that once you level the bard up to the 30's that it becomes a non issue and being knocked out of a song rarely happens, but what I was experiencing on P1999 was completely not matching up with what I played with on old Brell Serilis.

Tecmos Deception 10-22-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 2994617)
Tribes 2

Ssssshhhhhazbot.

Do bards still have the huge lag on blue when you're going to miss a note?