Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Human caster? (/forums/showthread.php?t=335950)

slowpoke68 10-11-2019 02:32 PM

Human caster?

I think I have it down to Cleric Wizard or Necro for green and either human or DE.

In the event I end up going with one of the pure casters is there anyway to justify playing a human? Do they have any advantage I'm not seeing to even out the lower starting intelligence?

It isn't a huge deal and I always go with what race I like the look of and which I feel like playing, but I like both races here and am looking for other factors I haven't thought of yet when choosing my race.

Thanks!

Danth 10-11-2019 02:35 PM

You like it is justification enough. Otherwise Humans do have a few modest advantages. Neutral-ish faction makes getting around the world a little more convenient than on something like a Dark Elf. They also tend to have higher strength than the other INT caster types, so you can carry more stuff before getting encumbered and suffering reduced movement speed. Maybe it's not much, but it's not nothing, either.

Danth

bum3 10-11-2019 02:40 PM

Don't overlook true classic nighttime and blindness of the race.

BlackBellamy 10-11-2019 02:56 PM

Human Necro has issues buying spells because some spells (Gate, Minor Shielding, etc) are only sold in the casters guild that they're kos too.

Deathrydar 10-11-2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBellamy (Post 2981796)
Human Necro has issues buying spells because some spells (Gate, Minor Shielding, etc) are only sold in the casters guild that they're kos too.

They're not KOS in the casters guild in Freeport, they are dubious. Which means you still can't buy them.

You are, however, KOS in the Neriak casters guild. I can speak to that from experience.

Cen 10-11-2019 03:01 PM

Human clerics can be flavorful. They look great and have interesting diety choices.

sciception 10-11-2019 03:03 PM

I was pretty amazed at how much better other races, especially Dark Elves, see at night in this game. From my understanding, the staff is going out off their way to add Shader's to make it seem more authentic. If this is true, Human may be a very trying experience. Gamma won't fix Shaders. Anyone know the deal?

Danth 10-11-2019 03:08 PM

Funny thing is that's part of why I preferred humans. Infravision made monsters look red. Ultravision made everything look indigo. Between it all I thought of dark night-time as the least annoying option. We don't have those nuisances on P99, either, unfortunately.

Danth

slowpoke68 10-11-2019 03:15 PM

One note about the human caster would be that the both get infravision spells, necro at 8 and wiz at 16, so not as bad as it would be otherwise.

I do remember playing a human monk as my first toon near launch and it was crazy dark for sure lol.

DMN 10-11-2019 03:21 PM

Eyepatch. You can be half blind AND night blind. Yar!