Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   guilds buying chars and accounts with DKP (/forums/showthread.php?t=312737)

natescraigslist 12-13-2018 03:04 AM

guilds buying chars and accounts with DKP

how is this a common practice and allowed, its against the rules to sell you accounts right? how is it legal to create an account, powerlevel a bot char and then sell it to a guild for DKP? doesnt make sense if account buying and selling is banned? doesnt seem legit...

Hibbs 12-13-2018 03:18 AM

You sound upset cuz someone had more DKP than you lol

mizzbiscuits 12-13-2018 03:34 AM

I believe this is illegal.

Pringles 12-13-2018 04:20 AM

No real money is changing hands so it isn't something as easily verifiable. I'm sure if they could prove it something would be done. Alas guilds and their systems are black boxes to CSR in a lot of respects. How can you tell the legitimate from the illegitimate and what if you are wrong and dick over someone just trying to relive his childhood?

What's the saying? 'It's not what you know but what you can prove'

Sacer 12-13-2018 04:45 AM

You don't sell the account for dkp, you get dkp for leveling a toon on a guild account. It might sounds like playing with words but the owner of the account never change.

Jauna 12-13-2018 04:50 AM

I owe my soul to the company store..

Swish2 12-13-2018 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacer (Post 2825256)
you get dkp for leveling a toon on a guild account.

At some point the guild will merge, fold, disappear or something else.

The owner of that account (whoever made it, which isn't "the guild" - someone has that email/password) is going to change its password, and you'll have irrelevant currency for all your hard work.

This is the bad news in advance, and as an aside... the reputation of this character probably isn't of any concern to who is leveling it, so you'll probably find this kind of powerleveling being done in popular XP zones like CB/Unrest/MM :/

Pringles 12-13-2018 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacer (Post 2825256)
You don't sell the account for dkp, you get dkp for leveling a toon on a guild account. It might sounds like playing with words but the owner of the account never change.

Indeed abiding to the letter of the law while flagrantly dismissing it in spirit has always ended well for those throughout human history.

Supreme 12-13-2018 07:21 AM

It would be a stretch and an over reach to mandate that guilds could not award DKP to members that level/power level "guild bots" for whatever purpose. DKP is a token economy that rewards members for their time performing guild activities. At the core of your statement DKP would need to be completely removed from P99 and by proxy all DKP Guilds.

Good read on Token Economies and DKP.

Swish2 12-13-2018 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supreme (Post 2825280)
It would be a stretch and an over reach to mandate that guilds could not award DKP to members that level/power level "guild bots" for whatever purpose. DKP is a token economy that rewards members for their time performing guild activities. At the core of your statement DKP would need to be completely removed from P99 and by proxy all DKP Guilds.

Good read on Token Economies and DKP.

https://i.imgur.com/dXuruki.gif

https://i.imgur.com/KTvvHlv.png

You know you got a hook when they start using lawyer/petition terminology <3