Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Enchanting in Kurns (/forums/showthread.php?t=312229)

arksz 12-06-2018 12:44 PM

Enchanting in Kurns

New to the whole p99 game and started an enchanter as my first character. I hit 16 and took the trip to FV to grab Breeze. Made a pit stop in Kurns to level for a bit and having a good time.
I was wondering if there is any way for me to vendor easily by use of illusion/alliance/invis of some kind, or do I need to run back to FV to vendor?

stebbins99 12-06-2018 12:48 PM

There's a neutral vendor at the "windmill" in LOIO - not sure if that is closer or accessible but there's a friendly dwarf and erudite in there if I recall correctly

arksz 12-06-2018 01:03 PM

I checked out the wiki and it seems to be about the same distance to run back to FV. Thanks for the heads up though, will remember it when I check out that zone!

Still curious if my illusions would get me by with vendoring in a kos town. I haven't really explored that aspect of the enchanter spells yet.

kjs86z 12-06-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arksz (Post 2821283)
I checked out the wiki and it seems to be about the same distance to run back to FV. Thanks for the heads up though, will remember it when I check out that zone!

Still curious if my illusions would get me by with vendoring in a kos town. I haven't really explored that aspect of the enchanter spells yet.

I guess just try your illusion + the faction booster spell thingy and con, right?

(I am prob the least knowledgeable level 60 enc on the server, sorry I can't help more.)

Tuurin 12-06-2018 01:31 PM

Once I got Illuston: Iksar (20), my agnostic enchanter could run through most of cabilis, vendor, bank etc. Just have to make sure to re-cast it when you zone, as illusions drop when zoning. Could probably vendor at the guys outside cabilis in FoB too with illusion, although I don't think I checked them.

I'd still /con stuff though, as there are some wonky factions in Cabilis. But I remember it worked out fine for me.

NegaStoat 12-06-2018 03:29 PM

If you're willing to run into the city vs the risk of Invis dropping at a bad time, this merchant will buy or sell to anyone. I think he's beta neutral.

http://wiki.project1999.com/A_mortician

Legidias 12-06-2018 03:38 PM

So beta he accepts it from anyone D=

arksz 12-06-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuurin (Post 2821298)
Once I got Illuston: Iksar (20), my agnostic enchanter could run through most of cabilis, vendor, bank etc. Just have to make sure to re-cast it when you zone, as illusions drop when zoning. Could probably vendor at the guys outside cabilis in FoB too with illusion, although I don't think I checked them.

I'd still /con stuff though, as there are some wonky factions in Cabilis. But I remember it worked out fine for me.

Great! I will make sure to buy the Illusion. Shame it is lvl 20 as that makes vending while in Kurns a no go. Will be useful if I decide to keep lvling in Kunark though.

Hibbs 12-07-2018 12:34 AM

Tip a lowbie to sell stuff for ya? Give a wondering Necro a stack of bone chips for a quick run to the merchants. :)

Swish2 12-07-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arksz (Post 2821391)
Great! I will make sure to buy the Illusion. Shame it is lvl 20 as that makes vending while in Kurns a no go. Will be useful if I decide to keep lvling in Kunark though.

It's 2 zones away but remember there's a neutral vendor at the rock pool in Overthere. If you're bound in Field of Bone etc you only have to run once :p ^^