Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   (Nilbog) Custom Content Ideas (/forums/showthread.php?t=283144)

Tune 10-17-2017 01:09 PM

(Nilbog) Custom Content Ideas

Some of this might be crazy / hard to code but just a weird idea i had today at work

Long involved quests requiring many rare items / plat to:

1) reset factions
2) reset tradeskills
2) name change
3) change religion
4) race change
5) create a lvl 1 halfing rangers/ paladin etc
6) respec starting stats
7) spawn legacy mobs
8) spawn as an NPC (project M)

also if you don't want to implement a quest, you can be granted one of these changes by taking your level 60 all the way down to level 1. this kind of mimics chrono trigger's new game + feature. I think it would be kinda fun. It's also semi fair because it's just like u are starting a new level one, only difference is the gear

i think this would get a lot of old people back if you implement changes on 1 server at a time and alternate them

Ragnaros 10-17-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tune (Post 2596775)
Some of this might be crazy / hard to code but just a weird idea i had today at work

1) reset factions
2) reset tradeskills
2) name change
3) change religion
4) race change
6) respec starting stats
7) spawn legacy mobs

also if you don't want to implement a quest, you can be granted one of these changes by taking your level 60 all the way down to level 1. this kind of mimics chrono trigger's new game + feature. I think it would be kinda fun. It's also semi fair because it's just like u are starting a new level one, only difference is the gear

i think this would get a lot of old people back if you implement changes on 1 server at a time and alternate them

you dont gotta lie to kick it

loramin 10-17-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tune (Post 2596775)

1) reset factions
2) reset tradeskills
2) name change
3) change religion
4) race change
6) respec starting stats
7) spawn legacy mobs

The devs have expressed the desire to do #8 (Project M) someday, but haven't done it yet presumably because it's a ton of work with very little payoff (at least compared to finishing the classic timeline, building a new PvP server, etc.). #1 and #7 seem very unlikely to happen for game/balance reasons and #6 seems very difficult from a technical standpoint.

All of the rest have been suggested before, and I think they're great ideas.

Makeitrain 10-17-2017 01:23 PM

armor dye / titles are other ideas
augs for armor?

kinda like more "skins" to purchase

i'm just thinking of fun ways to add replay value

Cylock 10-17-2017 01:42 PM

1) reset factions - maybe (Nilbog Question)
2) reset tradeskills - Why?
3) name change - No, never happen
4) change religion - maybe through a quest (Nilbog Question)
5) race change - Doubt that will ever happen
6) create a lvl 1 halfing rangers/ paladin etc - I doubt that will ever happen - but anything is possible. (Nilbog Question)
7) respec starting stats - maybe through a quest (Nilbog Question)
8) spawn legacy mobs - possible (Nilbog Question)
9) spawn as an NPC (project M) - No

SamwiseRed 10-17-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cylock (Post 2596808)
6) create a lvl 1 halfing rangers/ paladin etc - I doubt that will ever happen - but

and gnome paladin/sks. i would like to see this. pretty sure it was before luclin somewhere between middle and late velious.

Lulz~Sect 10-17-2017 02:18 PM

Seek help

Cylock 10-17-2017 02:24 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cfb...=youtu.be&hd=1

What do you guys think of that for custom content?

Basically red server players would zone into one side, and blue server players would zone into the other side. This would be normal CTF rules. The players would get the flag (goblin) and bring it back to their base. Players would also attempt to kill the flag (goblin) carriers and defend their base.

We have also thought of other ideas such as a "plexus" where no flag is involved. Players from each server would zone in and PvP.

Examples: Epidemic vs Aftermath or Apex vs Awakened.

HippoNipple 10-17-2017 02:28 PM

That's about right. Blue has 1 dev working for them and Red has 0.

Tune 10-17-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cylock (Post 2596833)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cfb...=youtu.be&hd=1

What do you guys think of that for custom content?

Basically red server players would zone into one side, and blue server players would zone into the other side. This would be normal CTF rules. The players would get the flag (goblin) and bring it back to their base. Players would also attempt to kill the flag (goblin) carriers and defend their base.

We have also thought of other ideas such as a "plexus" where no flag is involved. Players from each server would zone in and PvP.

Examples: Epidemic vs Aftermath or Apex vs Awakened.

man this would be awsome