Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   logging in after a year or so, main and alt characters gone (/forums/showthread.php?t=262548)

shams 01-10-2017 09:55 PM

logging in after a year or so, main and alt characters gone

Hey all,

I did some searching and it seems that I'll probably just have to /petition, but I figured I'd check in anyways... as you can see in the threads title, I'm checking out p99 again after a year or so of absence and when I logged into my account the only character there is a low level rogue I made many years ago when I first played.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm using a fresh install on my new laptop.

I'm gonna go hang out in EC while my petition is out.

Thanks guys!

paulgiamatti 01-10-2017 10:34 PM

Two possibilities:

1. Someone else had your account info and deleted your characters.

2. You're logging into the wrong account - sometimes people create separate accounts for their characters and forget after a long hiatus. Check if this is the case by logging into project1999.com and clicking the Loginserver Accounts link in the left pane. If you created your Loginserver Account(s) at eqemulator.org instead, you can view your accounts there following the same process: log into eqemulator.org (if you don't remember your account info, you can recover it here) and then click the Loginserver Accounts link in the left pane.

shams 01-10-2017 10:35 PM

Thank you, Paulgiamatti. I'll check out the links you gave me!

shams 01-10-2017 10:42 PM

Whew, thank you kind sir. My main's name is Sooby in game (47 druid). Let me know if you ever need a port!