Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   New patches (/forums/showthread.php?t=217123)

Feanoir 11-02-2015 11:12 AM

New patches

I read the patch notes, any word on knight defensive skills/tables matching warriors?

Requiem 11-16-2015 06:07 PM

if it stays true to classic, knights fall far from warriors in raid content while excelling in group content.

Feanoir 12-06-2015 10:59 AM

skills

I was actually just referring to increasing skill caps in defensive skills, which have been going up, so I can only assume caps were lifted.

ctre 12-06-2015 10:47 PM

No.
SK/PAL = gimp vs war tankage.

Swish 12-08-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctre (Post 2130245)
No.
SK/PAL = gimp vs war tankage.

Not in groups where wizards can't control themselves or rogues/monks couldn't give 2 shits about evading.

wormed 12-08-2015 02:29 PM

Eventually, Knights fall under the same tables as Warriors, making them, arguably, better tanks for trash mobs. However, Knights will never hold a candle to Warriors when it comes to raid targets. Defensive capabilities are just waaaay too strong to ignore.

Anyway, as far as I know, the Warrior table doesn't happen until like 10 months into Velious. So you've got about 6-7 more months til that happens.

Danth 12-08-2015 04:10 PM

Strictly speaking we should already be on the same defensive tables as Warriors, making us equivalent (or better due to aggro) on anything that doesn't demand /disc defensive. Unfortunately the defense skill cap changes are glitched and nobody seems to care.

The change you're thinking of, Wormed, is the later change putting our weapon attacks onto the same damage tables as Warriors. While it's nice to deal more damage, that change has no impact on durability or capability as a tank.

Danth

Naethyn 12-08-2015 05:51 PM

The innate 5% mitigation of the DI portion of damage will always give the warrior an advantage in tanking no matter the defensive skills of other classes without even counting disciplines.

Danth 12-08-2015 06:08 PM

That shouldn't even exist during this game era. It was only added later on with the same patch that reduced /disc defensive slightly.

Danth

ctre 12-08-2015 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danth (Post 2132442)
That shouldn't even exist during this game era. It was only added later on with the same patch that reduced /disc defensive slightly.

Danth

You are right.
Currently.
With no discs used the war is on a, ( or is sooooo dam close ) damage calculation.
But:: with disc, the war is the easy winner.
However the SK or Pal's role is not for tanking bosses. They are perfect for OFF-Tanking trash adds, ( with there snap aggro skillzzzzz).