Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Zone load times/freezing? (/forums/showthread.php?t=215237)

paladin1118 10-18-2015 10:46 PM

Zone load times/freezing?

I've been playing P99 since 2012 and never had any problems at all. Then this week zone loading commonly takes several minutes and sometimes just freezes and I'm forced to restart the client, even when entering empty zones. Other people have told me they're experiencing the same thing. This only happens every third or fourth time I attempt to zone somewhere though.

Does anyone know what's causing this?

JackFlash 10-18-2015 10:56 PM

Probably a memory leak. If it's only one or two zones you could try replacing the offending zone file with a known good copy.

paladin1118 10-18-2015 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackFlash (Post 2080745)
Probably a memory leak. If it's only one or two zones you could try replacing the offending zone file with a known good copy.

No, no... I mean it happens randomly every few times I try to zone, doesn't matter what zone it is. These are zones that have been loading fine within 20 seconds for years. Up until this past week. I haven't updated any files recently or changed anything at all on my end.

And like I said, other people have been reporting the same issues to me, especially during prime time hours on the server.