Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Excited to start p99! (/forums/showthread.php?t=287260)

ShaneD 12-21-2017 04:26 PM

Excited to start p99!

Howdy Everyone,

My brother just decided to once again rejoin the fray that is EQ. I played with him on TAKP but boxing three characters and a lack of community got old. Excited to start over on P99. He has had nothing but great things to say. Was curious what the server is in need of class wise..... I was leaning towards a Dwarf Pally. Gotta get my computer set-up... working through some technical issue (I am still using the form posts before I make a post asking for help on an issue that has already been explained to 30 other people over :)

Looking forward to starting my journey soon.

flees 12-23-2017 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaneD (Post 2626846)
Howdy Everyone,

My brother just decided to once again rejoin the fray that is EQ. I played with him on TAKP but boxing three characters and a lack of community got old. Excited to start over on P99. He has had nothing but great things to say. Was curious what the server is in need of class wise..... I was leaning towards a Dwarf Pally. Gotta get my computer set-up... working through some technical issue (I am still using the form posts before I make a post asking for help on an issue that has already been explained to 30 other people over :)

Looking forward to starting my journey soon.

Pally is definitely a rare breed here.

Baler 12-23-2017 09:01 PM

Welcome to project 1999! :)

I encourage you to check out the P99 wiki it's a huge source of information.
wiki.project1999.com

Nagoya 12-23-2017 09:08 PM

The server is very old and populated so you can literally play any of the 73 possible combination and it will work just fine :) of course some classes are more gear dependant than others but that can be part of the fun too as a newcomer :) welcome

aaezil 12-24-2017 01:00 AM

server is in need of nice well mannered rational people :) welcome friend

mattydef 12-29-2017 12:33 PM

Welcome Mr Shane Diesel. I'm a big fan of your videos.

kotton05 12-30-2017 02:05 PM

Welcome!

I remember when I first found p99. What a glorious day!

Halfelfbard 12-30-2017 02:39 PM

hit me up for PL, and other goodies.

EpicAdventure 12-30-2017 03:36 PM

Are you asking about end game lvl or the leveling game?

Either way most populated classes are Shaman and Enchanter (strongest soloers)

Talking about lvl 55+ you can never have too many clerics or rogues in a raid settting.

EpicAdventure 12-30-2017 03:41 PM

Paladin is cool, and the best tank in the leveling game. FoL threat cant be beat. As a paladin you are group tank. In raid warrior will always tank because of defensive cooldowns.

And, seeing as how this is a tank post now, I feel like I should mention Sk which tends to outshine the paladin a bit at high lvls because of the utility of feign death. (sk can also summon corpse for high plat cost) FD means that sk can fill in for puller roll in most situations if a monk is not around.