Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Pvp battle vanilla era level 20 self attained gear (/forums/showthread.php?t=408587)

Gustoo 09-28-2022 11:15 PM

Pvp battle vanilla era level 20 self attained gear

Dwarf Paladin
Vs
Troll SK

Self attained gear only so pretty rags style.

Considerations is that neither have enough resist to do much resisting.

ol chew 09-29-2022 03:39 AM

my guess is pally tries to swim away into dagnars but since the troll grew up splashing in the swamp he uses the swimming skill advantage to pull some sort of submarine maneuver ending the fight with a HT before the pally even thinks to LoH

but what do i kno

Kupoking 09-29-2022 06:30 PM

Not sure who would win but Troll SK would be fighting in rags. Nothing interesting drops for them pre 20.

magnetaress 10-05-2022 01:01 AM

Dwarf pally. Bow quest.

Gustoo 10-05-2022 04:52 PM

Troll regen basically beats bow quest at low skill level and the troll can use a bow too

magnetaress 10-05-2022 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3514894)
Troll regen basically beats bow quest at low skill level and the troll can use a bow too

Idk between jousting and bow my wood elf warrior killed a troll.

I los-d there spells. I shot them when they sat for med ticks and I think it also helped against their regen so I could win via attrition. They htd me but I survived and hit them with crippling hits.

They could have probably ran deep and died to mobs or /q but the where honorable and my lower hp made them hungry so they came in for me. I doubt I could have stood toe to toe with them and if a green mob agrod me it would have been gg. Without that bow the troll would have gotten ticks off sitting.

Also does skillups even matter in pvp.

Chortles Snortles 10-05-2022 07:11 PM

and then, everybody clapped
(lol)

Gustoo 10-06-2022 12:31 PM

Some dumbs use tuned bone fork and don’t carry a bow.

So as always it comes down to the player more than the character. I think a paladin out for blood vs a sk out for blood would give a run for money but the troll sk in butcher is usually the one out for blood.

Gear up a paladin and park him at the swamp to take justice into his own hands. Get stuck on tree root and die

magnetaress 10-06-2022 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3515341)
Some dumbs use tuned bone fork and don’t carry a bow.

So as always it comes down to the player more than the character. I think a paladin out for blood vs a sk out for blood would give a run for money but the troll sk in butcher is usually the one out for blood.

Gear up a paladin and park him at the swamp to take justice into his own hands. Get stuck on tree root and die

lol pally def outmatched in the swamp

there is that friendly npc camp in butcher !

Robersonroger38 10-06-2022 03:47 PM

Flash of light , would def give the pally an advantage, what’s magic resistance on a troll with that kinda gear ?