Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Time To Discuss Barbarian Cultural Armor (/forums/showthread.php?t=417052)

Drueric 03-27-2023 04:30 AM

Time To Discuss Barbarian Cultural Armor

It sucks and sucks to make. The components for your tempers are in ridiculously hard place to get. Because of this, people who do sell the components charge way too much for armor that isnt even that good.

Compare that to every other race's cultural armor componants are easy to get, and the armor isnt half bad.

For example, most tempers require only x1 of their rare ingredient, while barbarians temper needs x3 and people charge 2 or 3x as much as other racial armor tempers.

The main issue is availability of Essence of Winter. Supposed to drop off ice giants, but it only drops off the ones deep inside of permafrost, and would require a group of 55+ characters to kill them. The ice giants just outside permafrost do not drop them. And why not? This makes no sense. Because if this, no one ever makes the barbarian cultural gear. By the time you are strong enough to collect the essence yourself, you dont need it. No one needs it. No one in your group needs it. And there isnt enough to even make a half a set of the armor if you do find some.

Selling. I have seen people once in awhile selling the essence, but they ignorantly price it too high. just as a comparison, iksar blood is usually about 10p each, only requires 1 to make temper and a solo high lvl toon can farm it easily, even after you nerfed the drop rates. You need x2 essence of winter + ice goblin blood to make 1 temper, yet people charge around 30p for 1 and requires a high lvl group going on a raid in permafrost. Its just stupid.

My proposed solution, make the ice giants outside in everfrost have a chance to drop the essence. It would be an easy fix and make it fair.

Sirquestalot 03-27-2023 07:24 AM

Life isn't fair. EQ isn't fair. Seems like this suggestion you're making belongs in Live server forums because what's here is how it was during Velious era. Not likely to be changed because "waaagh." (move to RnF)

Drueric 03-27-2023 09:34 AM

OH, Im sorry, I didnt realize P99 was exactly the same as live. What are all those updates for again? They arent actually fixing any issues are they? any bugs? Any loot drop rates? Oh wait, yea they are. STFU.

Trexller 03-27-2023 09:42 AM

P99 devs have an idea of what they want their servers to be

your best bet is to scour alla everlore wayback etc and find some evidence that essence of winter was more common or dropped from other mobs, wiki says it also drops from DL yetis and CS wyverns. if thats not the case on p99, do the research and find proof, then submit it to Nilbog and you'll get your update.

Fammaden 03-27-2023 10:16 AM

Shit's classic. Resolved.

Toxigen 03-27-2023 10:22 AM

discussion over

that was fast

loramin 03-27-2023 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trexller (Post 3594462)
wiki says it also drops from DL yetis and CS wyverns.

This. I have always farmed the yeti for my essences ... even back on live ... so that'd be my recommendation.

Jimjam 03-27-2023 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drueric (Post 3594459)
OH, Im sorry, I didnt realize P99 was exactly the same as live. What are all those updates for again? They arent actually fixing any issues are they? any bugs? Any loot drop rates? Oh wait, yea they are. STFU.

I’m confused. Are you saying back in 1999-2001 essence of winter did drop off the everfrost ice giants?

Drueric 03-27-2023 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3594519)
I’m confused. Are you saying back in 1999-2001 essence of winter did drop off the everfrost ice giants?

Pretty sure I didnt say that. Dont be confused with the voices in your head.

Drueric 03-27-2023 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3594492)
This. I have always farmed the yeti for my essences ... even back on live ... so that'd be my recommendation.

I mean, thats interesting, but DL is from kunark. Where did u "farm" them before kunark? And where is CS again? So yea... Compare that to all the other race cultural armor component farming.

Farming yetis would be easier than farming them in permafrost though, and ill look into that. But that doesnt address the other issues I mentioned.