Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Training Points (/forums/showthread.php?t=427678)

Morphik 01-21-2024 06:32 PM

Training Points

Hello all,

I've used hardly any of my training points, for better or for worse, so I've got 150+.

I used a 1hb the whole time, I know, I should've used a piercing weapon as well, still learning.

What would be the best skills to use my points on?

Thanks!

PatChapp 01-21-2024 08:20 PM

If you ever want to do a trade skill you can use them to get a head start
A handful to get a weapon skill started doesn't hurt.
About all their good for.

mcoy 01-22-2024 08:32 AM

Put one in every language so you can trade them on the boat ride, or at least identify what languages people are using - even if you can't understand them.

-Mcoy

Morphik 01-22-2024 01:18 PM

That's an interesting idea Mcoy.

How often do you really need to know any of the languages though?

DeathsSilkyMist 01-22-2024 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morphik (Post 3670841)
That's an interesting idea Mcoy.

How often do you really need to know any of the languages though?

Realistically not often. But I agree with both Mcoy and Pat.

For most characters I just use skill points to put 1 point into all languages, 21 points into whatever tradeskills, and 1 point into all skills that need to be trained for your class.

As long as you don't run out of skill points before you train all of the skills that require training for your class, the rest can be used however you want.

I did use a bunch of points on my Monk specifically to get Mend over 100 so it never fails. I assume you are not talking about melee classes though since this is the priest section. Mend has a 6 or 7 minute cooldown, so training it just by using it takes a while.

skulldudes 01-22-2024 06:55 PM

i usually use my training points to boost cast skills that mighta lagged behind or a melee skill after uncapping dmg / acquiring a big weapon upgrade

DeathsSilkyMist 01-22-2024 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skulldudes (Post 3670904)
i usually use my training points to boost cast skills that mighta lagged behind or a melee skill after uncapping dmg / acquiring a big weapon upgrade

Cast skills are a good point. Some classes don't have good low cost training spells for specific spell types. This means you are going to be spending a lot of mana for only a few casts, which can be a pain for leveling it up.