Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Succor: Butcher (/forums/showthread.php?t=413810)

p99EQrager 01-18-2023 01:45 PM

Succor: Butcher

So I haven't checked the others, I know Succor: East works, but Succor: Butcher takes me to the rings and not out front of Kaladim like it is suppose to do. Just a heads up.

Kavious 01-19-2023 11:59 PM

Is there evidence of this? Everything I can find lists the rings as the location

loramin 01-20-2023 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kavious (Post 3559777)
Is there evidence of this? Everything I can find lists the rings as the location

I tried checking Wayback version of Allakhazam, Caster's Realm, The Druid's Grove, and several map sites ... and (interestingly) none of them specify where Succor: Butcher actually deposits you. They all just say it takes you to Butcherblock (and that's it).

The closest evidence I could find directly against it was two comments on Allakhazam from 2005, where one person asks "how is this different from the level 29 spell?", and someone else replies "Shorter Cast Time. used like an evac spell" (implying that everything else, including the destination, was the same ... in 2005).

However, there's more evidence implied from the other succors. The Druid's Grove did mention that Succor: Ro (in 2002) did drop you at the rings:

Quote:

This Evac has a nice feature to it for if you have evil folk in your group, there are no druids standing at this circle so you don't have to be worried about evil's being attacked.
Similarly the Succor: East entry (from 2001) claims that all succors go to rings:

Quote:

This is your first Succor spell. They work a little different than your normal teleports. The succor spell will take you and your party to the appropriate druid circle.
But again, I couldn't actually find anyone saying where Succor: Butcher actually took them.