Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   This Project is DEAD (/forums/showthread.php?t=416614)

Infectious 03-16-2023 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trexller (Post 3589816)
Nilbog posted 2 weeks ago

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...85&postcount=2

the devs and mods do watch this place, there are rules they have to enforce because the word, "EverQuest" appears on this website and they are using the IP associated with it.

they just don't talk to any of us because they learned better than that years ago.

They know that regardless of what they do, they won't make everyone happy and the pissed off voices will be the loudest and most obnoxious.

True story... Nilbog voice sounds like Liam Nielsen from Taken.

branamil 03-16-2023 06:53 PM

They're clearly don't give a shit anymore and update way less than the TAKP project despite it having way less users. They push like 1 update a year and its full of bugs. At the very least they should open source it and let people submit fixes , even if they want to have control over implementing it, or in case they abandon the project entirely (which seems pretty likely)

Trexller 03-16-2023 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infectious (Post 3589829)
True story... Nilbog voice sounds like Liam Neeson from Taken.

hmm well, he does have are a very particular set of skills. Skills he has acquired over a very long career. Skills that could be a nightmare for people like us.

Woodark 03-16-2023 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bockscar (Post 3589717)
Eh. They could launch Green 2.0 at a minute's notice. It's a matter of configuring a new port and database, and clicking the launch button. It's not as if there's some massive workload involved in simply launching a carbon copy of an already-existing server. Having run numerous MUDs myself - which, in most respects, are the same as P99 - it takes essentially no work if the game's code is already there. Someone could decide right now to launch Green 2.0 and have it up and running as soon as the datacenter has received the request for an additional route of traffic, which should take no more than thirty minutes if they used a data center in the western world.

If that’s all they did to support this project, I don’t think any of us would be here.

DeliciousHalflings 03-16-2023 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TercerRigo (Post 3589668)
Is it bad that you misspelled that?

Intentional.

DeliciousHalflings 03-16-2023 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink grapefruit (Post 3589744)
This is truly disgusting behavior OP.

Not as disgusting as what you see in the mirror every day, you pvp piece of shit.

DeliciousHalflings 03-16-2023 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skarne (Post 3589663)
nah they don't owe u shit but i am sorry youre so upset.

Maybe you aren't smart enough to read the big words...

If they accept a donation with express purpose of 'new server hardware' and there is NO communication or visible implementation that the money was used for new server hardware, any MA judge (where Rogean lives) would certainly take that case.

pink grapefruit 03-16-2023 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings (Post 3589905)
Not as disgusting as what you see in the mirror every day, you pvp piece of shit.

lmao

i know pvp bad for your skin but i just can't seem to help myself :(

pked a poor innocent gnome just this morning, and my bloodlust still isn't satiated!! :(

DeliciousHalflings 03-16-2023 10:09 PM

No Gnome is innocent. Ever. That there's the Lord's work.

Gloomlord 03-17-2023 08:01 AM

To be fair, if you feel the community isn't owed even the mere mention of when Green 2.0 drops, you don't really have the moral high ground here.