Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Drowning Dragons (/forums/showthread.php?t=414286)

Hannibal 01-27-2023 10:10 PM

Drowning Dragons

I'll admit I don't know much on the topic, but I'm hearing Drowning Dragons IS or WILL BE punishable. Is this just for Raid mobs? Not quite sure how this works.

I fear-kite the +4's and once in awhile one of them just decides it's high time to go swimming. Am I looking to get into issues if they're swimming around down there looking at the corals during a fear spell?

magnetaress 01-28-2023 09:50 AM

Sounds like it. Those dragons where never meant to be solo'd why don't you grab a pal and go out there and have a smol party?

Hannibal 01-28-2023 01:52 PM

The question has to do with water mechanics, not fearing solo vs using a party or raid.

The programmers didn't give a select few of the weakest dragons fear immunity (there's only like 4 you can even do this with), so they were obviously ok with Fearing. It's not like it's an improper tactic by any means. Again, this has to do with the inability to "steer" where a feared mob will go and whether or not the devs are going to have issues if one decides to hit the waves mid-pull.

Morgrom 02-01-2023 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal (Post 3563924)
I'll admit I don't know much on the topic, but I'm hearing Drowning Dragons IS or WILL BE punishable. Is this just for Raid mobs? Not quite sure how this works.

I fear-kite the +4's and once in awhile one of them just decides it's high time to go swimming. Am I looking to get into issues if they're swimming around down there looking at the corals during a fear spell?

It IS punishable because it's an exploit in the AE mechanics. It was never intended to function the way it is at the moment.

Fear kiting is totally different. You are not fear kiting Klandicar, Sevrilous, Trakanon, Wuoshi, or any of the others that were being exploited by this tactic. And as referenced above, you don't really have the ability to control where a feared mob paths. Yes, it's predictable to some extent, but the majority of the mobs that are affected by this ruling are ones that are not soloable to begin with.

Tyronius of Midnight 02-03-2023 10:48 AM

https://i.imgur.com/7aq505r.png

Sweagen 02-03-2023 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyronius of Midnight (Post 3567316)

how many of those are boxes tho... :confused:

Nurdaben 02-04-2023 07:33 PM

im pretty sure its closer to 46 people 6 boxing than 277 people playing solo toons

reebz 02-13-2023 10:28 PM

Telling someone to find a friend on red99 lol