Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Are there ANY EQ servers other than P99 that ban multiboxing? (/forums/showthread.php?t=384540)

Midoo 05-11-2021 07:00 PM

Are there ANY EQ servers other than P99 that ban multiboxing?

Title. Multiboxing in any form, botted or manual, even 2boxing.

Not paying for Live either

I'm tired of playing on servers where the entire population is jerking themselves off in their own corner to avoid social interaction. Might as well stop calling it a multiplayer game.

Gustoo 05-11-2021 07:07 PM

No project 1999 is the only box free server.

Evia 05-11-2021 07:07 PM

I think it’s just a reflection of society tbh. You’ll find similar experiences on other eq boxes and pretty much every online game these days. I consider myself someone who enjoys friends and socializing and even I am a less social now than when I played back in 99-05. Something about wow made me stop focusing on interacting with other players as much. I don’t think I’m the only one either. It is sad though I wish it was like it used to be.

Midoo 05-11-2021 07:19 PM

Depressing how there are more people into online games than ever these days but social interaction is at an all time low.

loramin 05-11-2021 08:00 PM

What I think very few people here appreciate is that the millions of lines of classic code Nilbog has written is really only a fraction of the "secret sauce" here. The hard-working staff who constantly have to fight against two boxers are another major part.

Emulator code lots of people have: passionate volunteers are unique to P99 :D

starkind 05-11-2021 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3304108)
No project 1999 is the only box free server.

Kinda.

Mblake1981 05-11-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evia (Post 3304109)
I think it’s just a reflection of society tbh. You’ll find similar experiences on other eq boxes and pretty much every online game these days. I consider myself someone who enjoys friends and socializing and even I am a less social now than when I played back in 99-05. Something about wow made me stop focusing on interacting with other players as much. I don’t think I’m the only one either. It is sad though I wish it was like it used to be.

Well, interaction online stopped being a novelty. A 20 year old has never known a different world.

Coming from different directions, you see it as in the old sense where a kid now who was born into The Matrix only wants to scoot off to his own corner. They live here.

It's our escape but they live here. :o

(internet is in every kids hand)

feniin 05-11-2021 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3304125)
What I think very few people here appreciate is that the millions of lines of classic code Nilbog has written is really only a fraction of the "secret sauce" here. The hard-working staff who constantly have to fight against two boxers are another major part.

Emulator code lots of people have: passionate volunteers are unique to P99 :D

TAKP has biweekly patches and active devs. P99 gets semiannual updates at best.

starkind 05-12-2021 08:05 AM

Everyone noticed the new meta is to pretend ur under 30 so no one makes fun of u for vulak 9000?

Jimjam 05-12-2021 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkind (Post 3304379)
Everyone noticed the new meta is to pretend ur under 30 so no one makes fun of u for vulak 9000?

Hey, new player here. I used to watch my uncle play this game from my cot!

Really excited to try out the inspiration for WoW. Is it possible to be a cute panda or some other fluffy character?

Where can I find the auction house?